Promoting the Appreciation of the Purebred Dog
** Please note all items in red. The time, place and price of classes has changed. **
New Participants welcome, no experience necessary! Come join the fun and get expert advice and training on showing your dog.
Classes are EVERY 2nd, 3rd and 4th TUESDAYs of every month at 7:30 PM at
Masks are required for unvaccinated attendees.
Handling Classes are Pay-As-You-Go. Prices per class:
Please check our Calendar of Events page in advance to be sure classes are being held, classes do not run 12 months out of the year!
NOTE: If inclement weather (snow, flooding, etc.) prevents Forsyth County Schools from operating, all Handling Classes scheduled for that day will be cancelled.
Things you will learn during Class:
* What type of lead is best for your dog.
* What type of standing position to place your dog for judging.
* How to Gait your dog (Walk with your dog with a show strut).
* How to travel around in the ring with your dog and approach a judge.
* And many other little helpful tips when showing your dog in Conformation.
**Make sure you have a signed a FKC/WSDTC Waiver on file, waiver forms are available on site.
***Please have Vaccine Records available for review, if needed during your visit.
Rabies, Distemper/Parvo are required, Bordetella recommended.
All dog bites require animal control to be notified.
If proof is not available, officials can hold your dog until proof is provided.